Snappi® Diaper Fastener (3 pack)
R30.00 (Incl VAT)
“Get hooked” with the nifty little fastener that replaces the pin! Snappi® diaper fasteners are a proudly South African product which have proved very popular both locally and internationally.
The Snappi® diaper fastener offers an easy and hygienic way to fasten diapers. The Snappi® fastener is much faster to use than pins and provide a nicely balanced secure fastening, which gives the nappy it is used on, a high degree of containment. Snappi® gives a modern touch to baby care and will always be in demand as long as babies are born. It is made from a stretchable non-toxic material which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips inbed in the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby. Snappi® is available in a range of bright and pastel colours.
HOW TO USE THE SNAPPI FASTENER
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly, and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
- Stretch the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the ‘memory’ of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in doing so, will pull the diaper to the middle to allow for a snug fit. Stretch the Snappi® by holding it in the center with one hand and with your other hand, grab close to the end of one of the arms, avoiding the sharp teeth, and pull. Do not grab the Snappi® by the loops. Repeat this about 10 times for each arm. You will notice the material begin to soften up and become more elastic. Once you do this for each arm your Snappi® Diaper Fastener is ready for use!
- Holding the diaper in place with one hand, attach the Snappi® with the other hand in 3 simple easy steps:
- Hook Left
- Hook Right
- Pull Down & Hook Centre
- Make sure that the Snappi® teeth have gripped properly into the diaper fabric and that it is attached securely with all 3 arms. The 3 points of tension are important as it is the third arm that will help prevent the Snappi® from coming undone.
When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab. Do not pull on the loops. The loops can be used as an added safety feature – secure them over the teeth of the Snappi® when it is not in use – in order to cover the teeth.
Snappi®s work best with terry cloth diapers, prefolds, and any other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi® to hook into. They do not work well with tightly woven diapers, or diapers made from delicate fibres. They are only recommended for diapers where the diaper fabric is thick enough that the teeth on the grips do not touch baby’s skin. It is essential to use a cover over the diaper and Snappi® fastener.
- Snappi®s are not toys. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
- Replace your Snappi® if there is any physical damage or weak spots.
- Do not use a Snappi® on a child who is able to undo it or remove their diaper/diaper cover/clothing.
- Snappi®s should only be fastened by an adult.
- Use a cover over a Snappi® fastener.
- Do not leave your Snappi® in the sun for extended periods as this can eventually weaken the Snappi®.